Memorial Day Weekend Travel Tournaments
With Memorial Day weekend coming to an end, we hope that all of you had a safe, great, and memory filled weekend! This past weekend we know that all of our teams, coaches, and parents that participated in travel tournaments have memories that will only be surpassed by the life lessons that the “Beautiful Game”, competition, and sportsmanship have provided us. We would like to say thank you to all of those who represented this community-based organization with pride and respect! As the CSA season ending recreational tournament nears, we hope that all that participate find the same joy that this past weekend provided the players, coaches, and families, all the while showing respect and sportsmanship. Without further ado, we would like to congratulate the following CSA travel teams and the coaches that work with them for placing at their respective tournaments and levels of play!
- CSA Gremlins 2012/2013 Girls finished as Champions at the Virginian Elite. The Gremlins are coached by Joe Bocianski & Rob Walker.
- CSA Fury 2003/2004 Girls finished as Champions at the Virginian Elite. The Fury are coached by Mary Grube & Mike Cianciolo.
- CSA Calvert FC 2007 Boys finished as Champions at the Ralph Downey Memorial Day Classic. The Calvert FC are coached by Phil McClellan, Victor Aqueche & Jim Farber.
- CSA Pirates 2010 Girls finished as Champions at the Virginian Elite. The Pirates are coached by Jerry Cozzens, Jesi Sudar & Ari Peters.
- CSA Freedom 2006 Girls finished as Finalist at the Virginian Elite. The Freedom are coached by Mary Grube & Bernard Henson.
- CSA Cyclones 2004 Girls finished as Finalist at the Virginian Elite. The Cyclones are coached by Bob Myers & Jeff Southworth.
- CSA United 2008 Boys finished as Finalist at the SAC Memorial Day tournament. The United is coached by Jaime Webster, Ryan Craun & Anthony Padilla.
- CSA Wolfpack 2011 Girls competed at the Virginian Elite, although they did not place, they played their hearts out and fell short in the semi-final match. The Wolfpack is coached by Rob Walker & Rob Brensinger
- CSA United 06 Boys competed in the top bracket at the Columbia Invitational Memorial Day tournament, although they did not place, they played against highly ranked teams from Connecticut, Virginia & Maryland. The United 06B are coached by Jay Redding & Damon Harding.
- CSA Courage 08 Girls competed in the Hershey Memorial Tournament. Although they did not place, they had a great 3 games, playing with all they had but fell short in the semi-finals round. The Courage are coached by Chad Minnigh, Randy Finch & Alex Ficalora.
- CSA Dragons 11B competed in the top bracket of the Hershey Memorial Tournament. Although they were not finalists, they competed in some tough weather & tough field conditions against tough opponents. Then ended with a win while making some great team memories. The Dragons are coached by Austin Minnigh.
- CSA Galaxy 2010 Girls competed in the Columbia Invitational Memorial Day tournament. The girls went 2-1 this weekend but fell short of the finals. Galaxy is coached by Aubrey Burton and John Rossi.