CSA offers multiple scholarship programs. Each is funded through a combination of donations and revenue. As an IRS 501c3 charitable organization CSA is able to accept direct donations for these programs. If you would like to donate directly or are interested in setting up a specific program with CSA, please contact any CSA Board Member or email the CSA Club Treasurer. CSA also offers the opportunity to contribute when registering for programs. Every little bit helps ensure that no one in need will go without.
CSA is a community based program that prides itself on offering affordable programs at all levels. Even though CSA tries to keep its fees as low as possible families can still find it difficult to afford to let their children play without some form of assistance. CSA puts aside a limited amount of funds yearly for helping players at all levels when the need arises. These scholarships are limited and offered on a first come first served basis. Please contact the CSA Club Treasurer for more information.
Our goal in the Travel Program is to encourage our youth to develop an appreciation for soccer by providing a competitive training and match environment that results in a lifelong love for the game. We understand that sometimes families fall on financial hardship and are unable to cover all their player's travel fees. CSA puts aside a limited amount of funds yearly to assist with these fees when needed. These scholarships are limited and offered on a first come first served basis. Click here for the Travel Scholarship Application Form. Please contact the Travel Scholarship Coordinator for more information.
Each year, CSA offers scholarship funds to college bound CSA alumni. Whether the players have played at the Recreation or Travel level, or have taken on the responsibility of being a referee, volunteer, or coach, CSA has allocated funds to assist these players in their journey beyond CSA.
Guidelines and Requirements
I. Budget - Maximum of $8000.00 and up to 10 non-renewable scholarships per year.
· Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
· Applicant must have applied for the Fall term at a qualifying institution. Proof of admission must be submitted with application (those who are still undecided, must state that on their application and then make selection and provide proof of admission by May 1st).
· Applicant must be a current CSA member (player, referee, volunteer, coach/instructor) and must have participated for a minimum of four (4) consecutive CSA seasons up to and including the time of application.
(***Fall CCPR soccer play or coach is NOT part of CSA. Fall Ref and Fall CSA Travel are valid. All spring CSA soccer activities are valid)
· The Scholarship Committee will review any extenuating circumstances to the above requirements.
· Each recipient may be awarded only one scholarship.
· Scholarship is to be used for post high school educational expenses.
· Final award checks will be made payable to the recipient.
· Applications must be mailed to (no hand-ins):
PO Box 488
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
· Applications must be postmarked no later than May 1st of the current year.
· Incomplete applications (those which are received late, not fully completed or without all attachments) will be invalid and will not be considered by the Scholarship Committee.
· Application must include the following:
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. Proof of admission to college/institute of higher learning
4. Official Transcript with cumulative GPA and current class rank
5. Essay (250 words minimum) titled "What CSA Means To Me And My Community"