CSA offers multiple scholarship programs. Each is funded through a combination of donations and revenue. As an IRS 501c3 charitable organization CSA is able to accept direct donations for these programs. If you would like to donate directly or are interested in setting up a specific program with CSA, please contact any CSA Board Member or email the CSA Club Treasurer. CSA also offers the opportunity to contribute when registering for programs. Every little bit helps ensure that no one in need will go without.
The EDP Foundation is excited to announce it will again award scholarships to selected student athletes* who have plans to attend college, technical, or trade school next year. This is a continuing initiative under the EDP Pathway to College™ Program to encourage young men and women to think seriously about their academic goals and lifetime aspirations.
*Applicants must be graduating from an accredited high school during the current scholarship year AND seeking to continue their education at an accredited university, college, technical school, or trade school.
$2,500 per recipient | Up to six scholarships per year
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN—APPLY NOW!
Deadline is Thursday, May 12, 2022.
CSA is a community based program that prides itself on offering affordable programs at all levels. Even though CSA tries to keep its fees as low as possible families can still find it difficult to afford to let their children play without some form of assistance. CSA puts aside a limited amount of funds yearly for helping players at all levels when the need arises. These scholarships are limited and offered on a first come first served basis. Please contact the CSA Club Treasurer for more information.
Our goal in the Travel Program is to encourage our youth to develop an appreciation for soccer by providing a competitive training and match environment that results in a lifelong love for the game. We understand that sometimes families fall on financial hardship and are unable to cover all their player's travel fees. CSA puts aside a limited amount of funds yearly to assist with these fees when needed. These scholarships are limited and offered on a first come first served basis. Click here for the Travel Scholarship Application Form. Please contact the Travel Scholarship Coordinator for more information.
Each year, CSA offers scholarship funds to college bound CSA alumni. Whether the players have played at the Recreation or Travel level, or have taken on the responsibility of being a referee, volunteer, or coach, CSA has allocated funds to assist these players in their journey beyond CSA.
Guidelines and Requirements
I. Budget - Maximum of $8000.00 and up to 10 non-renewable scholarships per year.
· Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
· Applicant must have applied for the Fall term at a qualifying institution. Proof of admission must be submitted with application (those who are still undecided, must state that on their application and then make selection and provide proof of admission by May 1st).
· Applicant must be a current CSA member (player, referee, volunteer, coach/instructor) and must have participated for a minimum of four (4) consecutive CSA seasons up to and including the time of application.
(***Fall CCPR soccer play or coach is NOT part of CSA. Fall Ref and Fall CSA Travel are valid. All spring CSA soccer activities are valid)
· The Scholarship Committee will review any extenuating circumstances to the above requirements.
· Each recipient may be awarded only one scholarship.
· Scholarship is to be used for post high school educational expenses.
· Final award checks will be made payable to the recipient.
· Applications must be mailed to (no hand-ins):
PO Box 488
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
· Applications must be postmarked no later than May 1st of the current year.
· Incomplete applications (those which are received late, not fully completed or without all attachments) will be invalid and will not be considered by the Scholarship Committee.
· Application must include the following:
1. Official Application Form (Click to open form)
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. Proof of admission to college/institute of higher learning
4. Official Transcript with cumulative GPA and current class rank
5. Essay (250 words minimum) titled "What CSA Means To Me And My Community"
To grow the game of soccer by helping to reduce the financial burden of participation.
Individual scholarship award amounts may vary (e.g., from $50 to $500).
To be eligible, an individual must:
- Be registered with MSYSA or the State Youth Referee Administrator as one of the following:
- An administrator.
- A coach.
- A player.
- A referee.
- A volunteer.
- Be in good standing with MSYSA.
- Follow MSYSA on social media.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Complete the online Presidential Scholarship application form
- Applicants will provide a detailed description of the intended use of the scholarship funds to include the specific amount being requested and how this will further improve their ability to participate in the game of soccer in Maryland and DC.
- The Presidential Scholarship is offered as a rolling opportunity. Eligible individuals may complete the application form at any time.
- Step 2: Applications will be reviewed internally by a number of individuals.
- The review process may require that the individual submitting the grant application be contacted in an effort to gather additional information.
- Step 3: Awardees will be notified every few weeks.
- Approved MSYSA Presidential Scholarship applications will result in MSYSA issuing a paper check payable to the individual that was awarded the scholarship and will be mailed to the individual whose name appears on the application form using the mailing address provided.
Submitting a scholarship request is not a guarantee of being awarded a scholarship. MSYSA reserves the right to deny a scholarship application for any reason at any time