CSA Assistant Director of Coaching (Recreation)
The CSA “Assistant Director of Coaching (Recreation)” (ADOCR) is deemed a necessary and critical role in an effort to support both the mission and vision of the organization, all the while instilling a belief and practice, which coaches and players embrace in words and actions. The continual growth of players and coaches within CSA recreation programs are the primary focus of the CSA ADOCR.
The CSA ADOCR will work with the CSA Director of Coaching (DOC) to implement and coordinate for the recreational programs any efforts developed by the CSA Director of Coaching. It is expected that the ADOCR operate in a respectful, fair, unbiased, open-minded, and knowledgeable manner when dealing with any matters associated with their role and responsibilities. This position is only for the Spring recreational season timeframe from January 1 - June 30. This position reports directly to the club Director of Coaching.
- Work with CSA DOC to create and coordinate a coaching development and internal recruiting structure for the recreational programs
- Assist the CSA DOC with the coordination and administration of technical training and goalkeeper training for CSA recreational players
- Assist in the promotion of the CSA “one club” vision that is in alignment with the mission of CSA
- Assist the CSA DOC in the establishment and implementation of the CSA DOC short-term programming objectives for the recreational players and coaches.
- Act as spokesperson on behalf of CSA to current and prospective members of recreational teams
- Work with CSA DOC to develop and implement a recreational coaching training process. Provide at least 2 training sessions open to all CSA recreation coaches
- Provide assessments, recommendations, and positive constructive feedback to a minimum of 6 recreation team coaches.
- Work with CSA DOC in the coordination and implementation of the CSA Spring All Star Game. This includes identifying potential players from each recreational team.
- Work with CSA Administrator of General Operations and CSA DOC in the coordination and implementation of the end of the Spring season recreation tournament.
- Provide weekly updates to the CSA DOC.
- Fulfill any and all additional actions that the CSA DOC feels are appropriate and necessary
Requirements & Distinguishing Characteristics:
- Strong sense and belief of “community”
- Must be reliable & self-motivated along with having strong leadership, and communication skills
- Flexible Schedule in regards to CSA recreational team(s) needs
- Minimum 5 years youth coaching experience
- All Grassroots licensing is required. (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, and 11v11)
- National Level licensing with any of the following, USSF, USC, NSCAA, USYS, or UEFA (recommended, but not required)
Terms of Employment:
- 6-month contracted part-time position. Spring season only (January 1 - June 30)
- Employment is continually renewable with CSA Board of Directors recommendation and CSA Executive President signature as final approval